Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Sometimes you have those days where you feel like the devil will not leave you alone. Yesterday was
one of those for Matt and I. I remember sitting in hermeneutics in maybe 2002 with Robert Sims and somehow we went from diagramming sentences to talking about Satan's power. I remember clearly, leaving with a more clear sense of the power Satan does have especially when we as believers are doing our best to live for Christ. Yesterday started with Bella locking me out of the house and Matt spilling a drink in his car (and if you know him you know he keeps it really clean) to deep discussions on how work is affecting our family and our frustrations with the adoption process and the lack of support we've received from individuals we thought for sure would rally behind us. We both had crummy days at work and so as the day ended we both felt a sense of desperation and like we were fighting "something." That's when (on my drive home) I rebuked Satan. I realize not every one believes the way we do but I believe strongly that as a disciple of Jesus, I have the power to rebuke Satan and he trembles. Now did everything get sorted out in one evening? No. But we both laid her heads down still knowing that despite support and frustrations that we are holding to the call has placed on us to adopt. I asked Matt if he was doubting our decision to adopt. It warmed my heart for him to answer "no." He's a good husband and I could not imagine life without him by my side. Even more I laid my head down knowing that spiritual warfare is a very real thing and while Satan may try and try to get the best of us, God has already won that war.

0 comments:

Post a Comment