Wednesday, September 9, 2015

A gentle reminder

I've been reading through the book of Romans before bed. Last night as I read I found myself unsure of how to pray. Adoption isn't easy. We are only in the beginnings of the process but already I feel overwhelmed by the amount of paperwork. There are so many items to complete on a list that seems to go on for miles.

We have had so many people who are excited for what God has in store for us and at the same time we have been discouraged by the lack of response from some we thought for sure we would hear from. That isn't to say that they've done anything wrong but this process is long and hard and I could use all the encouragement that will come my way. We have a long way to go to raise the necessary funds for adoption. We are trimming our budget and saving. Every penny I spend I ask myself should this money go towards our adoption? We have fundraisers in the works but a truly successful fundraiser requires a lot of work in advance. So I sat there puzzled. Do I pray for God to send someone to encourage me or do I pray for our funding or even that our paperwork would be an easy process? Surely, I sure pray regarding all of it but in that moment I sat in the bed and felt so overwhelmed.

I continued to read and that's where God reminded me that was he was there with me and that even when I am overwhelmed, he is in control. Romans 8:26-27 "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."

God is good and he knows the heart of his children.

0 comments:

Post a Comment